Main house at Elmwood, a pre-Revolutionary plantation in Essex County, Virginia, photographed in 1941 for the Historic American Buildings Survey. The 1852 Victorian stair tower to the left of the main entrance was removed in a 1950s restoration of the house, which was built around 1770.
For a view of the house after it was restored click here
. | Click image for Comments.