December 30, 1929. "Dr. K.C. Dickinson, chief of the Heat and Power Division of the Bureau of Standards, and the control room of the new aircraft engine testing laboratory at Arlington, Virginia. Here all engines for use on licensed airplanes are to be tested. The control room and the room in which the engines are mounted are heavily reinforced with concrete to prevent flying engine parts striking the observers." Harris & Ewing Collection glass negative.
| Click image for Comments.
| Browse All Photos