Pittsylvania County, Virginia, circa 1935. "Berry Hill, Danville vicinity. Related names: Mrs. Simms. Built in three units -- in 1776, in 1812, and in 1850 -- by the Perkins family. The later building was done under the direction of Maj. Wilson, who married Peter Perkins' granddaughter. Used as a hospital by Continental Army in 1781." 8x10 negative by Frances Benjamin Johnston.
| Click image for Comments.