This Second Empire edifice opened in April 1878 as the Working-Women's Hotel, only to close eight weeks later due to an acute case of insolvency. Reopened as the Park Avenue Hotel, the cast-iron marvel at 34th Street lasted until 1924, when it was replaced by an office tower.
New York Circa 1905. "Park Avenue Hotel, Fourth Avenue entrance." 8x10 inch dry plate glass negative, Detroit Publishing Company.
| Click image for Comments.
| Browse All Photos