Washington, D.C., circa 1908. "The Raleigh." What was originally the Shepherd Centennial Building, at the corner of 12th Street N.W. and Pennsylvania Avenue, now serving as a hotel, along with a newer and much larger annex just to the north. In 1911 the Shepherd building would be razed and replaced with an expansion of the annex, resulting in the megahotel
that survived until 1964. (Next door: the studio of M. Kets Kemethy, Photographer.)
| Click image for Comments.
| Browse All Photos