Picnic at Marshall Hall, Maryland, 1893.
Photograph by William Cruikshank. View even larger
. Across the Potomac River from Mount Vernon, Marshall Hall was a Colonial era estate whose grounds were used for picnics, concerts and camping. The house burned down in 1981. [Note fingerless gloves worn by ladies on the right, and loud suspenders of man on the left. - Dave]
| Click image for Comments.