BUY PRINT    Picnic at Marshall Hall, Maryland, 1893. Photograph by William Cruikshank. View even larger. Across the Potomac River from Mount Vernon, Marshall Hall was a Colonial era estate whose grounds were used for picnics, concerts and camping. The house burned down in 1981. [Note fingerless gloves worn by ladies on the right, and loud suspenders of man on the left. - Dave] | Click image for Comments. | Home