BUY PRINT    Washington, D.C., circa 1920. "Old Capital Hotel, 3rd and Pennsylvania N.W." When the place was torn down in 1926, the sign had changed from "Capital" to "Capitol." Originally the St. Charles Hotel, it had a colorful (at times appalling) history going back to 1813. National Photo Co. glass negative. | Click image for Comments. | Home | Browse All Photos