1938. Iberville Parish, Louisiana. "Belle Grove. Vicinity of White Castle. Greek Revival mansion of 75 rooms. Built 1857 by John Andrews, who sold it to Stone Ware. Occupied by Ware family until circa 1913." What was left of Belle Grove, reputedly the largest plantation house in the South, burned to the ground in 1952. 8x10 inch acetate negative by Frances Benjamin Johnston.
| Click image for Comments.
| Browse All Photos