Detroit circa 1903. "Foundry and machine shop, Leland & Faulconer Mfg. Co." With bearded proprietors Robert Faulconer (left) and Henry Leland standing at either end, and two shop mascots in the top row. In 1905 the company, which made car engines, merged with Cadillac Automobile Co. Some years after selling Cadillac to General Motors, Leland started the Lincoln Motor Co., which was eventually bought out by Ford. 8x10 inch glass negative.
| Click image for Comments.
| Browse All Photos