MAY CONTAIN NUTS
SHORPY
HOME
 
JUMP TO PAGE   100  >  200  >  300  >  400  >  500  >  600
VINTAGRAPH • WPA • WWII • BRITISH COLUMBIA VACATION-LAND: 1950s

South Salina: 1905

South Salina: 1905

Circa 1905. "South Salina Street, Syracuse, N.Y." Meet you in an hour at the "Credit Parlors." 8x10 glass negative, Detroit Publishing Co. View full size.

 

On Shorpy:
Today’s Top 5

Piano dealer Leiter

On the left side the fourth building (still existing) is a advertising sign of "Leiter Bros. Pianos".
Leiter Bros. was a wholesale and retail dealer in pianos, organs and musical goods, also Estey organs, in 53 K, Salina Street, Syracuse, N. Y.
Leiter was also a "Steinway & Sons dealer" in the United States. Possibly from german descent: Leiter= german for Ladder.
Regards Peter from Germany

First Presbyterian Church

That appears to be the First Presbyterian Church, demolished in 1905.

Gothic church has gone to its reward.

Which is a shame, what a piece of architecture it was!

Still, plenty of familiar facades representing a more genteel era:


View Larger Map

Syndicate content  Shorpy.com is a vintage photography site featuring thousands of high-definition images from the 1850s to 1950s. The site is named after Shorpy Higginbotham, a teenage coal miner who lived 100 years ago. Contact us | Privacy policy | Site © 2019 Shorpy Inc.