Detroit circa 1902. "Photochrom Company building, side view." In the early 20th century, the Photochrom chromolithography process
was licensed by William Henry Jackson and his partners to make millions of color postcards from the black-and-white Detroit Publishing glass negatives (like this one) seen here on Shorpy. The lot next door was a good spot for pickup ballgames.
| Click image for Comments.
| Browse All Photos