UPDATE: Our astute commenters wasted no time in locating the photo in Minneapolis; Shorpy member "billymaz" identified the structure as a remnant of the 1886 Minneapolis Industrial Exposition Building. The building's final owner, the Coca-Cola Company, tore it down in 1940 to make room for a new bottling plant, leaving just the northwest tower, which stood for a few more years as a vestige of what was once one of the most prominent buildings in the city. (MNopedia)
This uncaptioned circa 1943 photo taken for the Office of War Information shows a brick tower, probably in the Upper Midwest, repurposed as advertising for War Bonds and Coca-Cola. Who'll be the first to tell us where this is?
| Click image for Comments.
| Browse All Photos