MAY CONTAIN NUTS
SHORPY
HOME
 
JUMP TO PAGE   100  >  200  >  300  >  400  >  500  >  600
VINTAGRAPH • WPA • WWII • BRITISH COLUMBIA VACATION-LAND: 1950s

San Jacinto School: 1893

San Jacinto School: 1893

The San Jacino School in the town of East Dallas, Texas, was built on land originally occupied by a mule barn at the end of the streetcar line owned by Col. William Keller. The school was on the corner of Washington Street and Ross Avenue with entrances on both streets. The town of East Dallas was later incorporated into the city of Dallas.

This picture of a fourth grade class was taken in 1893. View full size.

On Shorpy:
Today’s Top 5

Syndicate content  Shorpy.com is a vintage photography site featuring thousands of high-definition images from the 1850s to 1950s. The site is named after Shorpy Higginbotham, a teenage coal miner who lived 100 years ago. Contact us | Privacy policy | Site © 2019 Shorpy Inc.